Become a river canoeist! Learn about the nature of rivers, how to prepare & manage for the challenges of moving water, and what to do when things don't go as planned.
• Safety equipment, flotation and outfitting a canoe
• Managing river hazards
• Advanced strokes & braces
• Entering and exiting eddies
• Ferrying to cross the river
• River reading and group travel
• Rescues and swimming in rapids (Drysuit required - can be rented in town)
• Environmental and access concerns
Our certified instructors deliver the Recreational Canoeing Association of British Columbia’s (RCABC) Tandem Moving Water course on a local island river over a weekend.
All canoeing gear can be provided (except drysuit and helment, which can be rented in town), however you are welcome to bring your own equipment if you have it.
PREREQUISITE – RCABC Lakewater Level 1 or equivalent. You must be a club member to take a course, you will not be able to register until you have logged into the website.
Please register online now to secure your spot. You can delay paying until one week before the course date; a payment reminder email will be sent at that time.
Note that dates may change to ensure safe water levels.
Course-specific details will be sent by the instructor one week before the course.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the VCKC Canoe Director - email@example.com