This course is not yet scheduled for a particular date, and will instead run if there is enough interest. You can register to the list to show interest and will be contacted to discuss a possible date.
MOVING WATER LEVEL 2 – SOLO
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
The RCABC Moving Water Level 2 course is for anyone that wants to learn or improve their skills while river canoeing solo (one person in the canoe). Are you are looking for the skills to go on wilderness river trips, adrenaline charged whitewater runs or for becoming a river canoeing leader in your community? This course will help you develop those skills and achieve your goals. The course can be tailored to accommodate students in full size tripping canoes, small modern whitewater playboats or anything in between. People most commonly taking the course are:
- Solo river trippers
- Trip leaders in clubs or other organizations that may need to solo at times
- Tandem canoeists wishing to improve their understanding of the canoe in moving water
- Canoeists wishing to become RCABC Moving Water Instructors
- Outdoor adventure program leaders
PREREQUISITES – RCABC Moving Water Level 1 or equivalent
DURATION – 16 hours
Outline of RCABC Moving Water Level 2 (Solo) Course
The RCABC Moving Water Level 2 course builds on skills learned in Level 1 (tandem), but all skills are practiced solo, including:
- Entering and exiting eddies
- Ferrying and reverse ferrying to cross the river
- River Hazards
- Solo rescues, self rescues and swimming in a rapid
- Safety Equipment, flotation and outfitting a canoe
You must be a club member to take a course, you will not be able to register until you have logged into the website.