Here is the preliminary plan for this brigade, from Trip Organizer, Jim Brackett
1) The Fort to Fort Brigade (F2F) will run from Fort St. James (FSJ) to Prince George (PG) June 6/7/8, 2017
2) Teams should plan on being at FSJ no later than noon June 5. A private camping area has been booked near the HBC Historical Fort and there is room to camp at the Historical Fort so most of the teams can be accommodated and this will be at no charge. As well, there is a small municipal camp ground very near the Historical Fort that has a nightly charge for those bringing campers/motor homes, Etc.
3) There will be a Captains meeting early afternoon June 5th to go over timetables, safety, camping, etc. and the ceremonial/historical activities
4) This Brigade will be a simple as we can make it. There will be no outside agencies to join, no t-shirts to buy and no decals or flags to purchase. The Captains of each team and the teams themselves need to be prepared to look after themselves as a self-contained unit, be prepared to help out for the benefit of the whole and pitch in to make the trip a success.
5) Teams are encouraged to produce their own t-shirts for the F2F Brigade, bring their own flags, Canadian/BC/Alberta/Sask/Man/NWCo/ etc. as we will need them for the ceremonial arrival at the FSJ Fort 5 PM or so June 5th and at The Exploration Place in PG June 8. Most teams have their own logo decals in place or will have.
6) Camping areas for the nights of June 6 and 7 have been arranged for by some very active and well connected folks in our organizing group. These camping spots will be at no charge and have good vehicle access. As well, look forward to some very knowledgeable folks on the F2F Brigade that will introduce us to the local HBC Fort history, history of the Stuart/Nechako/Fraser waterways and lots of other bits and pieces.
7) Portable toilets are being arranged for and everyone will be expected to contribute to the cost.
8) Transportation is the responsibility of each person or team to arrange.
Here is a preliminary timetable:
June 4, Sunday – Arrival of advance crews
June 5, Monday – morning, local introduction of Voyageur Canoes to possible school groups, First Nations groups, FSJ Town dignitaries.
Afternoon, Captains meeting 1400 hrs. (a good time for individuals to visit HBC Fort)
5 PM, ceremonial arrival at HBC Fort, welcome (by FN, FSJ, politicians), dinner (hopefully a sponsored dinner)
June 6, Tuesday-On water 0800, depart Fort with some small ceremonial send-off.
Paddle Stuart River to camp spot at Stuart River Bison Ranch.
June 7, Wednesday-On water 0800, Paddle Stuart/Nechako Rivers to Camp spot near old Isle Pierre Ferry crossing.
June 8- Paddle Nechako to Fraser River at PG and land at The Exploration Place. Start time will depend on Ceremonial arrival time necessary at The Exploration Place (probably mid-afternoon)
June8/9 – PG. Arrange for dispersal or own accommodation if staying overnight(s).