New for 2018 - we are a DBC CCWC Qualifier!
When: July 21, 2018
Where: VCKC Club House on the Gorge west of Tillicum Bridge (355 Gorge Rd W.)
What: Two different race types:
- Sprints: 200-meter races in IDBF-certified 10-paddler boats
- 2500-meter combined-time race in 10-paddler boats. In the morning each team will race a 1250 meter course with a buoy turn (out and back). In the afternoon, each team will race the same course in a different dragon boat. The two times will be combined to see who gets the glory and medals.
Races are offered in the following categories: Mixed open, women.
A minimum of 3 teams registered per category to run.
No registrations accepted after date July14, 2018.
Cost: $250 per 10-paddler team (12 people when caller & stern included) for EITHER the 200m sprint or the 2500 chase.
Early bird $220 when payment is received in full by April 15, 2018.
Only $50 additional to race in the other race type when already registered in one.
Registration: Register here
- VCKC Waivers must be completed prior to racing. Sign online here.
- The team accepts Dragon Boat Canada's Rules of Racing. EXCEPTION: that the mixed teams have a minimum of 5 women. DBC Rules of Racing 2016
- Teams must have a qualified steersperson who will attend a G'nG Safety Briefing.
- An on-site food concession and beverage garden will be available for paddlers.
- Parking is limited. Please park only in designated areas. VCKC Parking.pdf
- Individuals can
register on-site on race day. The race organizing team will attempt to
place these individuals with incomplete teams.
2016 Results Here
A huge thank-you goes out to the following sponsors who made our 2016 race event GREAT!
6 Mile Bakery10 Acres
Cobs Bakery Oak Bay
Eagle Wing Tours Whale & Wildlife Watching
Swans Brew Pub
Stillpoint Community AcupunctureThe Winemaker
Tommy Gun's Original Barbershop